Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

College Series #1: Why I'm colorful

Have you ever seen me and wondered, "why does she dye her hair crazy colors? why does she dress like that? why does she have so many piercings?". I know lots of you do.

You've asked me. 

Well here's the answer. I can control what color my hair is. I can control how I dress. I can control what holes are in my ear. Simple isn't it? Kinda. See, for a long time now I haven't been able to control many things. Especially my health. It feels like my body is falling apart and theres nothing I can do about it. I can't control when I crash, I can't control when my joints hurts. I can't control any of it. Same with other things in life, theres so much I just can't control. I guess I'm a control freak. So when I feel out of control, I turn to the simple things.

Like my hair. 

I guess thats why I always dye my hair spontaneously. In the times where I feel down and unable to help anything, I turn to happy colors. I think I get that from my mom. She's always been so bright and colorful. I want to be like her. Not only does it help me feel in control, it just makes me happy. Who doesn't like colors? I feel me.

I don't worry about what people think, I don't let peoples stares and comments hurt me. I know I'm in control.

So why not enjoy the colors? In times of irrepressible feelings of anxiety in the darkness of not being in control, why not look to the bright things. I urge you not to simply judge based on stereotypes and what you see. Think about the persons life, why they do what they do. Everyones different Maybe they feel out of control.












No comments: