Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Thursday, August 22, 2013

One year down, who knows how many more

Most of you guys probably didnt know, or probably dont care, but its August 22, 2013 today. That date probably doesnt have a big significance to you, but it does to me. On August 22, 2012 I went to Duke and was officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It has been a year. So many things have changed in that year, some for the better and some for the worse. Looking back on my blogs from that day/week/year I am realizing that I definitely have changed. Don't get me wrong, I still feel the same about the things I blogged about.  But, I don't exactly know how to explain it. I am FEELING a little better psychically. a LITTLE. But the more that I cant do things or people make jokes, the sadder I get. I am trying so hard to be confident and happy all the time but its hard. Someone told me recently that they loved the way that I brightened up any room I was in, that there was something about me, something about my confidence, that shined bright and that I was a delight to be around. I will always remember that. My goal is to not let my Fibro show, I want to be a delight to be around, not a inconvenience. I dont want my sadness to effect anyone, I want to be that shining light of confidence that causes people to be happy. I never want anyone to feel the sadness that I have felt, and still feel sometimes.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

You're a beautiful human being inside & out.. And I want to tell you that throughout the next year and so on.. I will be here for you! I love you!