Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Monday, October 22, 2012

I am proud of myself





 This past weekend I went with my family and my volleyball team to our end of year tournament. we all stayed in the same hotel and it was so much fun. Sadly we lost our first game and had to go home... but I am pretty proud of what I did at this tournament. We had to wake up around 6 am the morning of the tournament, after a horrible night of not sleeping at all because I was on the ground in a sleeping bag. That in its self is a big accomplishment for me. So I had to take my pills quickly before I could eat breakfast, we didn't think anything of it. but after I DID eat breakfast I became to feel horrible, everything hurt and I felt like I was going to throw up. but I still went to the tournament. When I got there I had to lay down, people stared, people watched me. I hated it. I wanted to hide. Then, about 30 minutes before my game, I felt the worst I had felt all day, and ended up throwing up many times. But I refused to let this stop me, I went back out to my team and acted like nothing was wrong, this stupid fibro cant control me. I went out there and played an amazing game. We ALMOST beat the second best team! but the thing is, no one but my mom knew I had thrown up. I am glad. I didnt want them to keep me out of the game! I AM PROUD OF MYSELF. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am very proud of you too!I know how hard that morning was for you! You go girl!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ellee, Wish you didn't have to do that - but that is impressive that you pushed through!

Shari said...

Truly an inspiration... Sorry you have to deal with so much at an age when you should be care free...