Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Just a girl blogging about her life with a chronic illness

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thank you Tilly

Tuesday night I went to bed exhausted and in pain, I didn't sleep more then 5 hours by the time I woke up to go to class. Throughout my 2 hour long math class, I was tired and everything hurt, but mostly my right knee. Right after my class ended I went straight to my neighbors house to babysit their little boy. All was good till he decided he want to play "tickle monster". Which of course involved running and wrestling. I tried to play as best as I could because his sweet little face showed how excited and happy he was that I was even there. I ran as fast as my stupid knee would let me and tickled him, his laugh made me smile so big. After playing for awhile I felt like my knee was going to give out and make me fall. Luckily it was time for his nap. Although getting him to go to sleep was difficult, it didn't require much from my knee, which was a relief. As I was leaving his room after I put him in his crib to go to bed, my knee began to hurt even more. To the point I just wanted to fall down. I made it down stairs and sat at the table. I looked over and saw their sweet little labradoodle, Tilly, laying there watching me. I moved to sit on the floor and called her over to me. The moment she heard me say her name she jumped up, and ran over to me like I had the worlds biggest bone in my hand. She wagged her tail like nobody's business as I scratched her ears. She laid down as I continued to pet her. All of a sudden she became tense as if there was danger near. She sniffed my right knee and looked up at me with sad eyes. She slowly licked my knee then ever so gently laid her head onto it. She became calm and sad like she knew it was hurting. She was being so gentle I was in shock. It was at this moment I became happy. FINALLY oh FINALLY someone knew exactly where I was hurting without me telling them. She understood. She just wanted to comfort me. For the first time ever, I didn't have to tell anyone that I was in pain, she knew I was hurting and just wanted to lay down and comfort me. I need something like that in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Ellee! I don't know what to say. You AMAZE me! I love your honesty and I admire how you're handling such a tough situation with grace and a maturity well beyond your years.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts - but I have to say this one about Tilly is my favorite. Dogs are so AWESOME! Please don't make me cry every time ;) - but definitely keep sharing your story girl!

You're in my prayers. I love you and your whole family! What a special blessing you all are :)